Intelligent software for high-quality structured documentation
upmedic's mission is to help doctors make the right decisions related to patients’ diagnoses and to shorten the time spent on creating and analysing diagnostic reports
High quality medical documentation
Structured reports that contain controlled clinical terms and are easy to create. It’s time to switch from Word reporting templates scattered all around your desktop to structured reports provided by upmedic!
What is upmedic?
Web based platform for creating, storing and analyzing textual medical documentation. We solve the problem of time consuming unstructured medical documentation by using templates that act like TODO lists. Thanks to this we enable clinicians to create high-quality medical reports that contain standard phrases.
upmedic is not another RIS/HIS/EMR system. It is delivered as a standalone reporting system for a doctor or as an extension to the systems already present in a medical facility. Doctor has streamlined access to up-to-date medical knowledge gathered from dozens of scientific publications, controlled vocabulary and tools providing automation for mundane editorial tasks such as punctuation.
Our template library is created by experts that use our software everyday in their work. Additionally, we support templates created by the RadReport community backed by RSNA.
Benefits for you and your clinic
- We offer our software in the cloud and on-premises.
- Library containing 100+ templates created by medical experts.
- Customizable templates: upload your own or customize templates from public library to your needs.
- Use complex medical scales such as RECIST 1.1 and PIRADS effortlessly.
- Easy integration with existing IT systems in medical facility.
- Standard clinical terminologies, e.g. SNOMED CT.
- Speech recognition in a web browser.
- BYOT - Bring Your Own Templates and benefit from using upmedic from day 1.
Reporting times of our users speak for themselves
|Template name||Average time (minutes:seconds) without upmedic||Average time (minutes:seconds) with upmedic|
|X-ray – Cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine regions||4:38||1:31|
|X-ray – thoracic spine||4:20||1:26|
|X-ray – knee joints||6:32||2:11|
|X-ray – Left hip joint||3:05||0:56|
|X-ray – left knee joint||8:45||2:33|
|X-ray – chest||3:02||0:49|
|X-ray – the lumbosacral spine||7:06||2:29|
|MRI – Sacroiliac joint||3:32||1:06|
|MRI – Elbow joint||23:12||7:27|
|MRI – Knee joint||20:11||6:52|
|MRI – Wrist joint||15:48||5:15|
|MRI – Ankle joint||15:29||5:06|
|MRI – Central nervous system||15:34||5:11|
|MRI – Hip||12:20||4:06|
|MRI – Shoulder joint||14:48||4:50|
|MRI – Cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine regions||10:01||3:14|
|MRI – Lumbar||19:23||6:46|
|MRI – Chest||15:25||5:08|
|X-Ray – Lower limb||3:00||0:57|
|X-Ray – Shoulder joint||3:51||1:18|
|CT – Head||10:20||3:54|
|CT – Paranasal sinuses||12:34||4:10|
|US – Abdomen||25:45||8:32|
Why do our users create diagnostic reports so fast?
Thorough analysis of the process of creating medical documentation, text structurization, reduction of the need for typing on keyboard (focusing on selecting from limited sets of standard phrases), automatic formatting and punctuation, and tracking mutually exclusive phrases in terms of semantics allow for maximization of characters/min which makes creating documentation much faster without sacrificing the quality of medical documentation and its completeness.
upmedic is much more than a productivity tool for reporting. It is a platform for automated analysis of information stored in medical documentation. Our data mode allows for fast searching in big datasets with use of classic SQL queries enabling data analytics at the granularity level of a single medical observation.
Examples of contextual queries that are possible with the use of upmedic:
- Find reports of healthy patients
- How many patients had oncological lesions in the liver
- Find reports with partial response with respect to RECIST 1.1
Additionally, our algorithms allow for automatic analysis of historical clinical information stored in unstructured formats in data warehouses and EMR systems by automatic recognition of ICD-10 codes and SNOMED CT concepts.
The following types of organisations can benefit from using our data analytics component:
- Medical facilities - easier and cheaper auditing, finding patients eligible for preventive treatment programs
- CRO (Clinical Research Organisation) - finding correlations between observations and findings, easy filtering documentation based on specific observations
- Insurance companies - population health statistics based on contents of medical documentation
- ML models creators - filtering training data based on specific observations
- Public institutions - population health statistics based on contents of medical documentation
- Pharmaceutical companies - finding correlations between observations and findings, easy filtering documentation based on specific observations
Easy integration with existing systems
The use of standards HL7 CDA (Level 3) and SMART on FHIR allows for numerous integration scenarios ranging from a simple copy-paste to a whitelabel embedding of upmedic in other systems.
- Diagnose patients
- Workflow optimization
Most of the software treats templates as a piece of text copied from one place to another, while upmedic makes them an integral part of the process and a basis for creating the documentation. The time spent on creating custom templates pays off quickly, and results in a stress-free workflow focused on diagnosing rather than bureaucracy.
Using upmedic in our clinics allowed us to service 18% more patients having the same medical staff.